The Top 10 Fun Things for Parents and Toddlers to Play With
1. Give your child a spray bottle of water and watch them spray every possible thing outside of the house!
2. Use shaving cream in the bathtub for extra fun.
It is usually possible to find cans of shaving cream that cost only a dollar each.
3. Remember that Barney dolls, Sesame Street dolls, and the like are as real to your child as any other person that they have met.
Respect their relationship with their 'cloth' friends.
4. Buy a small pet, such as a frog, lizard, goldfish, bunny, hamster, etc.
Toddlers need something to love. A pet will add much more stimulation to your child's life than any other toy will.
5. Replace your child's stroller with the wagon for outings to the park, the mall, etc.
Wagons can make both toddlers and their parents very happy. Wagons are symbolic of you and your child making it through the baby stage and entering the world of "big kids."
6. Teach your toddler to march to the beat of "one-two-three-four!" while the two (or more) of you play your instruments.
Your child will never want this marching band game to end!
7. Make a sandbox out of a large plastic container for your child to play in.
If you put the container outside, covering it will keep the cats from mis-using your new toy.
8. Build towers together with blocks.
Your child will learn about spatial relationships, balance, etc.
9. When using Play-Doh with your child, show them how to make little snowmen, snakes, etc,. since it is difficult for their little fingers to mold clay at this developmental stage.
10. Set up finger painting in an empty bathtub with your child wearing only a diaper.
This can make finger painting a much less stressful activity for a parent.