Wooden High Chairs Offer Simplicity, Beauty, and Practicality for Todays Busy Families
Wooden high chairs with their looks and functionality make a great addition to any kitchen or dining room, no more plastic, teddy bears or bright colors, so no more hiding your high chair.
Wooden High Chairs are simple and elegant and a welcome addition to your home, with designs ranging from contemporary to country and finishes like cherry, oak, natural wood and maple, you are bound to find the wooden high chair that will complement your home as well as your budget.
Some manufacturers such as Eddie Bauer, are realizing that not only is durability important to parents, but comfort for their baby is a top priority as well and are beginning to add seat cushions to their wooden high chairs, making them more comfortable for your little one.
One drawback to using a wooden high chair is they do not recline, so therefore are not great for infants that can not sit up unassisted, however once your baby is sitting up on his or her own, usually around 4-5 months old, these are wonderful. This means that you will need a high chair that is suitable for infants in the meantime.
Features to look for in Wooden High Chairs:
- Removable tray that fits into the dishwasher for quick and easy cleaning.
- One or two handed tray adjustment.
- Non-skid stoppers on the bottom of each leg.
- A safety restraint system.
- A chair pad, most do not come with wooden chair pads, make sure that there is one available for the high chair you are going to purchase.
Safety Tips for using Wooden High Chairs:
- To prevent serious injury or death from falls or sliding out always secure child in the restraint.
- Always keep child in view while in high chair and never leave child unattended.
Quality workmanship and classic styling help ensure that the wooden high chairs are durable and will stand the test of time, allowing these high chairs to last for years, making a great family heirloom.