Make Your Baby Shower a Success with the Perfect Table Setting Decorating Idea
The perfect table setting decorating idea will be determined by three main things. First, by where the shower is being held. Second, by the theme you have chosen for your baby shower. Thirdly, by the tastes of the guest of honor and the guests you have invited.
Listed below are the items you will need for a successful table setting. Keep in mind that your own decorating idea/s will have a bearing on the table arrangement. Only you know the guests, the mother to be and family members. The items suggested below are only that, suggestions. They are to be used as hints to help you plan a successful baby shower.
- Table Cloths: Linen and/or lace tablecloths would be used for a formal setting. For an informal party use paper tablecloths, or sheets with a design that fits the theme.
- Napkins: Napkins can be personalized with the names of the guests written on them. White napkins would fit any theme. Or you could use colored napkins or napkins with designs matching your baby shower theme. You could wrap the utensils with the napkin for a nice look.
- Novelty Napkins: Baby cloth diapers folded in a triangle shape would be a nice touch. Personalizing them with the name of the guests is an option. Or leave them blank, and the guests can give them to the mother to be to use for her new baby after the shower. Baby bibs personalized or not, with different designs fitting the theme of the shower.
- Napkin Rings: Use regular napkin rings, or you could be creative. Pacifiers could be used, the ones with the loop on the end. Roll the napkins up and use different colored diaper pins to keep them rolled up. Another idea is to use baby rattles with a looped end.
- Tableware: For a formal setting, use glass or china plates, stemware glasses, and silver or quality stainless utensils. While an informal setting would use paper or plastic plates, cups, and utensils. If using paper plates, use sturdy ones that will hold up well.
- Placemats: Again, a baby cloth diaper would be a good placemat. Some merchants carry diapers with designs, which would be a nice touch. You might even be able to find some with designs to match the theme. You could use paper placemats, or for a more formal shower, plastic or cloth.
- Place Cards: Whichever item you choose, put the name of the guest on the item chosen. Plain white cards, or white cards with clip art designs matching the baby shower theme would be an excellent choice. You could make your own place cards out of construction paper, possibly adding some designs. Refrigerator magnets matching the theme if possible. Personalized decorated Cookies, which the guests could have for dessert. Personalized Teething biscuits and bibs are another idea for a table setting decorating idea.
- Novelty Decoratons: Suspended items you hang from the ceiling will enhance the table setting decorating idea. Small teddy bears, baby bottles, rattles, pacifiers, bibs, rubber duckies, baby socks, baby shoes, baby bibs, or other small baby related items. Giant peppermint sticks would be something different for a decorating idea.