The Top Diaper Bags for Stylish and Savvy Moms
Forget bears and bunnies. Today's diaper bags are all about mom and her needs: The need to be organized. The need to feel stylish. The need to have daddy lug the thing around once in awhile.
First, some general guidelines from veteran moms:
1. Always, always, always try it on first.
And if possible, stuff it with as much junk as you plan to carry on a regular basis. This is the only way to tell if it's everything fits, if it's too heavy, and if it will be easy for you to carry.
2. When in doubt, make it black.
Yes, the new Kalencom Retro Tall Diaper Tote in pink poodles is awfully cute ($39.90 at Oh BabyGift. com), but choose this, and you don't have a prayer of getting your hubby to carry it for you. Ever.
3. First functional, then fashionable.
It is wonderful that there are so many new designer diaper bags out there. But cool doesn't cut it when you're in the mall with a screaming baby, and you can't find the pacifier because your diaper bag has no pockets or compartments.
What's New, What's Cool, What's Right For You
For the super-organized, highly-functional mom, check out:
1. The Lands End Do-It-All Diaper Bag ($29.50)
2. The L. L. Bean Diaper bag ($36)
3.The Functionally Arranged Diaper Bag ($119.99)
For the Cool Daddy
4. The Skip*Hop Duo Diaper Bag ($50)
5. The Diaper Dude Bag ($49.95)
For the Ultra Hip and Super Stylish
6. Carter's Diaper Bag tote ($9.98)
7. Amy Michelle diaper bags ($195-$225)
8. The Pursonality Messenger Bag ($120)